Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Flip Flops and Heels... Or... I'm Too Sexy for These Shoes



Yes. I’m writing a blog about shoes… well sort of.


I was thinking about shoes. I LOVE my flip - flops and sandals… I live in them over the summer and probably inappropriately during the other seasons of the year. I like that they are easy. They are comfortable. Don’t require much thought. Easy to take off and put on. Are always there when I want them (usually by my bed or my door). I don’t mind if they get a little dirty/messed up because they are cool with that. They are wonderful.


What about heels? Ok, I am not super dressy, but this girl likes a sexy pair of heels with the right little dress. J They are usually treated with extra care. Exciting. Noticed. Mostly worn with a planned out outfit. I like them. Guys do too. (I think I’ve heard they were designed by men because of how they make women’s legs look. It’s true, they do make our legs look extra great.)


I’ve tried to classify myself… am I a flip-flop or a high heel? You know what? I’m not picking! What’s wonderful about being a woman? You can wear both. You can own both… You can BE both a flip - flop and a strappy heel. You can wear a skirt with flip - flops or a pair of jeans with stilletos. Whichever I wear… I’m just gonna rock em… or just kick them off and have happy, sexy, naked feet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! You know what's amazing about being a woman? We have so many choices when it comes to shoes and the great thing, we can make anything look fabulous - it's about being confident and sure of who you are - whatever you have on your feet!

One question... which makes YOU FEEL the best?!

Kate said...

Flip-flops are NEVER inappropriate footwear except when exercising or carrying heavy things that might fall on your feet. :)