Thursday, April 07, 2011

A Bad Dream

I've been having some stress related dreams lately... and not getting the best nights of sleep.

Last night I had 2 nightmare-ish dreams. One between midnight and 3:00 am, the other after 4:00 am. The first one I can't remember very well. The second one is very vivid.

I was parking my car on my block in the city. A car pulled up trying to park and I noticed that the space in front of me wasn't big enough so I backed up and motioned for them to come in. Then 3 guys jumped out of their car and into mine... basically attacking me. The one sat on top of me. Somehow I was in the passenger seat... dreams are weird. Anyway, they were being really mean and awful and the one guy said he has had to listen to me and my friends laughter outside of his apartment for too long and he's not going to take it anymore. The next thing I remember was being out of the car on the street and somehow either pushing or punching the one guy so hard he smashed his head on the sidewalk... and died. I don't know what happened to the other guys and don't remember much of the rest of the dream.

When I woke up this morning, the first thought that came to me was I am not going to let anybody steal my joy.

2 comments:

ctf said...

actually... my joy is un-stealable.

Selah said...

That dream sounds terrifying! I think it's interesting, hearing other people's dreams and thoughts. In my blog, I talk about my dreams too, and touch on the innermost part of the human nature. If you are intersted, take a peek. Or don't. I'll just leave it here to entice you...

http://thesoundofthecolours.blogspot.com/
Peace.