Sunday, May 08, 2005

But, I'm Not YET

Today is Mothers Day and I feel like I cheated. At church they gave out flowers and little notepads to all women over 18 and then at Walmart they gave out roses to all the women who look like they could possibly be of child bearing age. It's a nice gesture...but I am not a mom yet. It's kind of like receiving the quilt from my Meme at graduation. She usually gives those to the grandkids at their weddings, but she wasn't sure she'd be alive for mine. Well...she's still alive...

I just watched On Golden Pond. What a simple, beautiful movie. It's actually a good film for Mothers Day. Katherine Hepburn portrays a mother full of spunk, honesty and unconditional love...even for her husband who she refers to as "an old poop" The scenery reminded me so much of our family trip to Northern Canada when I was little. From the sparkling lakes to the sound of the loons.

It's time to start planning a trip to VT. I really miss my parents.

3 comments:

sabbeth said...

It has to be almost automatic...Look there first.

sabbeth said...

Oops...that last post was to your last post. For this post I'll say...GO TO VERMONT AND VISIT YOUR PARENTS! You probably really need to see them.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Elisabeth... make the time, take a trip to see Mom & Dad. They'd love to see you, too. :)