Thursday, October 09, 2008

Good Breaking


So something broke today... in a good way. I'm not the only one who felt it. YESSSSSSSS. THANK YOU JESUS.

I attribute it to prayer. Some of us prayed together the other day at the office and I think that was very significant.

So, last night I was up watching t.v. for a while after getting home from the parade. I then had trouble falling asleep... which I attribute, partially, to eating pizza... but I digress... Anyway, I was up a few times. At 3:30, it was significant, though. I had either been thinking or dreaming about the president entering the room and how when he does, everybody stands. Then I thought about royalty and then the Lord... and suddenly, literally I had a whole song... all the lyrics in one shot. I feel they came from God and I've had some level headed people confirm that they believe it, too. Another good friend admitted he was awake at 3:30 this am and found it significant... I'll find out details later... but here's the song:

(I picture it being heavy in the drum/percussion area kind of in the vein of Nicole C Mullen "Freedom" or something "world beat" maybe almost like a chant or the "Victory March" .... I don't have music for it yet, though. )

Get On Your Feet

Stand Up
for there is royalty in this place
Stand Up
the King is here
Stand Up
to sit would surely be a disgrace
Stand Up
when He is near

No more dy-ing
No more cry-ing
No more worries
No more fear
No more danger
No more strangers
No more anger
The King is here

Stand Up
for there is royalty in this place
Stand Up
the King is here
Stand Up
to sit would surely be a disgrace
Stand Up
when He is near

Celebration
Jubilation
Halelujah
Our names are clear
Can you see it
Can you hear it
Can you feel it
The Day is here

Stand Up
Do you need help standing to your feet
Stand Up
then take my hand
Stand up
for we are just about to be led
Stand Up
to the promised Land

Get up on your feet, Get Up on your feet, It's time to Get up on your feet. Everybody get up on your feet (or something like that)

2 comments:

Karen Parrish said...

That's so awesome, Stace! I hope you get music for it soon. That is an awesome song for worship!

Melody Strayer said...

What a beautiful song! And how fitting it is that our Lord is giving you these precious little "jewels", even while He asks you to walk through a dark valley.