Friday, October 03, 2008

There was no sweat or butt cracks (see previous post for clarity on that) this morning. I'll at least get some exercise walking at First Friday tonight... and I'm making a healthy dinner, so that will be good...especially since I have been gradually letting the junk food back into my life this week. No more... I say, no more.

This weekend will be good and hopefully very fun... First Friday tonight with a strange conglomeration of friends. Tomorrow night the Art Music Justice concert... Sara Groves, Derek Webb, Brandon Heath, Charlie Peacock and Sandra McCracken! Plus a pre-show trip to TJ Rockwells which for me will include a Blueberry Wheat ale... with blueberries in it... Y-U-M. Sunday after church I'm supposed to do something fun and active outside with my friend Erica... so yes... good, distracting fun.

One more thing... last night at our small group affectionately called The Pub, God knew exactly what I needed. My friend Mark led and instead of our typical discussion/scripture kind of night, he played keyboard and we did some singing and some just praying/corporate quiet time similar to what I'm used to at Gateway House of Prayer. It was uncomfortable for me in a good way...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy first Friday for me with the strange conglomeration of friends!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the makings of a fun weekend. Maybe we'll see you tonight!

Karen Parrish said...

Sounds like it was a fun weekend! I hope you enjoyed the blueberry wheat ale. I am supremely jealous. :)