Monday, April 25, 2005

Boogie Fever

I want to dance more. I was at a wedding tonight and the people that I was there with aren't really into dancing at all. The reception was really fun with a dj playing lots of dance-able tunes. I wanted so badly to get out there and really enjoy it, but when you don't really have anyone to dance with, that's sort of hard. I was twitching and tapping and chair dancing. I finally got out on the floor for a couple of songs with my friend Heidi, although she had a hard time enjoying it because she felt sort of self conscious about it. Not me. I love it. I think I feel more confident dancing than I do making small talk at wedding receptions. This is even without any liquid confidence. I wish there were places to go like my parents had when they were younger...everyone went and danced and had a good time. Now, most places to dance are also total meat markets where you can feel the eyes penetrating your clothes. yucky. Anyway, I REALLY hope that if I ever meet that special someone, that he likes to dance...or is at least willing to humor me once in a while.

4 comments:

the jaded giant said...

I definitely can feel the rhythm and like to move my body to a certain extent, but feel really awkward actually trying to dance.

sabbeth said...

Humm...Maybe you should go to a Greek dance....
There's one coming up.

CTF said...

Elisabethie, your wedding reception was one of the most fun receptions, ever!!!

moregreen said...

CTF..I also LOVE to dance and wish there were more places to go where it was just about the dancing.
We should open a dance club halfway between Lancaster and Philly.