Sunday, April 10, 2005

Here on a sunny day

I'm hoping this comng week is calm. I know, I know. It's not going to happen. It would be nice, though.

Last week I had a lot of nightmares...tornadoes were involved on several occasions. I also dreamt I forgot some important details involved with Karen's wedding. I drank more coffee than usual and felt pretty terrible physically by the end of the week.

Yesterday was good. I drove to State College for my friend Jody's Bridal Shower. It was really wonderful having the scenic drive all to myself to clear my head and listen to whatever showed up on the radio dial. There was some James Taylor, Led Zeppelin, Usher, oh and I popped in a tape that I found that wasn't labeled...very funny...Geoff Moore and the Distance on one side and the Aladdin soundtrack on the other. EWWWWWWwwwwww. Definitely made that in college when I had a crush on this guy who had a thing with Disney. Any guesses who anyone? (email me)

Today, another gorgeous day...I should be outside frolicking but I have just felt like lumbering around the apartment. If I was at home in VT, I would DEFINITELY be either out on the back patio or out on the front porch staring...there's nothing alluring about doing that from my apartment deck.

The message at church today was about running from God. I don't fall into that category...more of putting God on the back burner. That is really intelligent, huh. It's like He keeps tapping me on the shoulder and I put up my index finger with a "Wait a minute" tone. It's amazing that He keeps waiting.

I watched Sideways and a couple of episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm from Season 2 today. All touched on themes of deception and where that will get you...nowhere. Paul Giamatie was great in Sideways.

A few quiet hours left to the weekend. Hopefully tonights sleep will be full of sweet and peaceful dreams.

No comments: