Saturday, March 19, 2005

Happy Times

What do yo do when you feel out of control? I get my hair cut, dyed or otherwise altered. It's a temporary fix, but it's fun and you get to have someone else wash your hair. Always a plus for me.

So, what did you do for St. Patricks Day? I don't always do anything. This year I went out with some friends and had a BLAST. We went to Kalhouns where they had a bagpipe player wandering around. Had drinks and dinner...I cannot reccommend whatever the one drink I had was...it had something raspberry, pineapple juice, Stoli...and it was green. I immediately went back to Lager. Great potato soup. GREAT. After we were done there, we went to see a friends band play at this divey place. It was a bit scary walking in. Lots of regulars staring us down. Once we nestled into our corner, though, we had a great time. There was this one girl dancing in the middle of the floor the entire night that was very distracting. She was in her own world...and it seemed like she thought she was in her bedroom. It made for good conversation and much laughter. It was so bizarre, though. This scrawny girl was walking around with a HUGE green hat on with trays full of shots. I think she had the same tray full all night, and it kind of grossed me out. At the end of the night this guy was walking around with party favors. I received a green garder with a pin attached that reads "Rolling Rock Kiss Me I'm Irish". It was all very surreal and fun.


Last night I started watching my Curb Your Enthusisasm DVDs from Netflix. How GREAT! I had never watched it before and I love it, I love it, I looooove it" Larry David cracks me up. Brings comedy to awkwardness, blurs the line between improv, reality and script. It's just plain clever. It's 3 am and I'm thinking of watching another episode now. Between Jess highly recommending it and Ed's 5 star Netflix rating...thanks for the heads up. I also want to check out The Office and Arrested Development...two other series I haven't seen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I was with the Supertones. Yeesh.